Yesterday I attended the start-of-year faculty meetings for Oak Hill Middle School where I am doing my National Science Foundation (NSF) teaching fellowship where I will be bringing some real science (projects) to 7th grade classrooms.
I didn’t know what my schedule would be, or what to expect, so I didn’t bring lunch with me…which, turned out to be a mistake, because I didn’t get any lunch (I’m proud to say I passed on the free supermarket cookies) until 3:00 PM. I was starving by then. It took every ounce of willpower to walk past the wonderful Jewish Barry’s Village Deli at Waban with their delicious and fatty pastrami and corned beef sandwiches to the Russian supermarket for stuffed cabbage rolls.
- 1 chicken gordita (from local Mexican place, Antojito’s Cafe on Moody St)
- wedding cake smoothie: 1 cup non-fat milk + 2 scoops cookies-n-cream Herbalife powder + cheesecake and white chocolate no-sugar pudding mix
- 1.5 Russian stuffed cabbage rolls
- 8 oz Starbucks decaf iced coffee with soy milk + 4 packets raw sugar
- 8 green seedless grapes
- 1 banana
- paneer tikka kabab (x4 pieces)
- 2 cups homemade spicy chipotle-chicken soup (thickened with puréed rice)
- 1 gin and tonic with lime and a snippet of hot Thai chilli pepper